California, the Golden State. . . who wouldn’t want to visit? It’s the 3rd largest state in the U.S. with over 163,000 square miles of magnificent beauty. It offers mountain wilderness, desert tranquility, pounding surf, beautiful beaches and . . .dumb laws. That’s right. California has some crazy laws on the books. So, in the interest of keeping visitors to California safe, amused and out of jail, I present these 10 Dumb Laws found listed for the Golden State and its cities. Enjoy!
- Women may not drive in a housecoat.
- No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour.
- In Chico, driving a herd of goats down a street is against the law.
- In Baldwin Park, it’s illegal to ride your bike in a swimming pool.
- In Berkeley, you can't whistle for an escaped bird before 7:00 a.m.
- In Long Beach, it is illegal to curse on a mini-golf course.
- In Palm Springs, it’s illegal to walk a camel down Palm Canyon Drive between the hours of 4:00p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- In Blythe, you’re not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least two cows.
- In Carmel, women may not wear high heels while in the city limits.
- And…. if you disobey any of these laws and end up in a Los Angeles courtroom, it’s illegal to cry on the witness stand.
Participating in ABC Wednesday. For more “C” themed posts, click here.