Theme park aficionados! Start planning your summer excursion to Universal Studios Hollywood in Southern California. The park’s newest attraction, King Kong 360 3-D, opens next month and is touted to be the world’s largest, most intense 3-D experience on the planet. Thrill-seekers won’t want to miss this heart-pounding ride and the many other movie-theme attractions. To best enjoy Universal without becoming bankrupt, I’ve listed current discounts, offers and coupons that will save you money.
Universal Studios Hollywood: King Kong 360 3-D opens July 2010
Many of these specials are available ON LINE ONLY and some must be purchased prior to arrival. Make sure you visit the Universal Studios website for the latest information before you show up at the gate. All offers are current as of today and subject to change at any time.
One tip: Universal Studios has strict height requirements for the Simpsons, Jurassic Park and Revenge of the Mummy rides. Measure your child’s height before you go so you know in advance which rides they can’t go on. It will save a lot of disappointment.
- Regular Admission: $69. Under 48 inches tall is $59. Kids under 3 are free.
- One Week Unlimited Pass: $69. Get one week for the price of one day.
- Annual Pass: 12-month Value: $70.00, 12-month No Blackout: $84, 12-month Premium Star $109 (includes parking). For a little more than the cost of a one-day ticket, you can enjoy the park all year long.
- Southern California Residents (zip codes 9000-93599): 1-day pass $54, 6-month pass $60. Save at Universal Studios if you reside in the Southern California area. Proof of residency is required at the front gate.
- Front Of The Line Pass: $104 (visiting before 6/30/10), $129 (visiting 7/1/10-8/20/10). Go right to the front of the line and get the best seats in the house at all rides, shows and attractions. Includes all-day admission. Limited daily supply. Will sell out at the Front Gate so purchase in advance online.
- VIP Experience: $239. Get the star treatment with this package. Includes all-day admission, valet parking, continental breakfast in Universal’s VIP lounge and gourmet lunch in Universal’s VIP dining room. It gets you priority entry and seating at shows and attractions as well as exclusive behind-the-scenes access to working soundstages and famous sets. An in-depth tour of the backlot and prop warehouse is also included. Advance reservations are required for the VIP Experience. You many call 818-622-5140 to reserve your place. You must be age 5 or older to participate in the VIP Experience. Children ages 4 and younger are not allowed.
- Southern California City Pass: $269. Kids ages 3-9 $229. Admission to five Southern California attractions: Universal Studios Hollywood, Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, Sea World San Diego, San Diego Zoo or San Diego Wild Animal Park. Pass is valid for 14 days.
- Los Angeles Go Card: $59.99 to $229.49, Kids under 13 are $49.99 to $166.49. Cards are purchased for time periods of 1, 2, 3, 5 or 7 days and allow entry into 40 top Southern California attractions, including Universal Studios, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Knotts Berry Farm and more. Must be purchased ahead of time.
- AAA Members: Members of AAA and CAA qualify for discounts on admission as well as discounts on restaurant and merchandise at Universal Studios.
- Online coupon: Click here to print a coupon good for $8 off General Admission, $10 off Front-of-the-Line pass (off peak) and $8 off Front-of-the Line pass (peak). Cannot be used with other offers. Expires 1/31/11.
More information: Universal Studios Hollywood
1000 Universal Center Drive, Universal City, CA 91608
This is my first participation in ABC Wednesday. For other "U" themed posts, visit the ABC Wednesday home page.