Friday Night Bands on the Beach in Santa Cruz
The Bands on the Beach summer concert series brings music icons from the ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Two free shows are featured every Friday night from June 17 to September 2, 2011 at 6:30pm and 8:30pm, spotlighting a different Top 40 band each week. Concerts take place on the Beach Bandstand – arrive by 4pm for the best seating. Alcohol, glass and smoking are not permitted.
Bands on the Beach – 2011 Concert Season Line Up
- June 17: Starship starring Mickey Thomas - “We Built This City”
- June 24: Eric Burdon & The Animals - “The House Of The Rising Sun”
- July 1: The Family Stone - “Thank You”
- July 8: Great White - “Once Bitten, Twice Shy”
- July 15: Loverboy - “Working For The Weekend”
- July 22: Average White Band - “Pick Up The Pieces”
- July 29: The Edgar Winter Band - “Free Ride”
- Aug 5: Gin Blossoms - “Hey Jealousy”
- Aug 12: Berlin featuring Terri Nunn - “Take My Breath Away”
- Aug 19: Santana original lead singer Gregg Rolie - “Black Magic Woman”
- Aug 26: Eddie Money - “Take Me Home Tonight”
- Sept 2: Papa Doo Run Run “Santa Cruz” Beach Party
The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is located at 400 Beach Street and can be reached by taking Hwy 17 or Hwy 1 to Santa Cruz and following the signs to Santa Cruz Beach. It’s about a 75-minute drive from San Francisco and 30 minutes from San Jose.