Today many of you are with friends and family observing Christianity’s most important holiday. In addition to its religious significance, you can’t help but notice that Easter also has a commercial side. Celebrating the sweet tooth in us all, I offer some trivia for you to nibble on.
- After Halloween, Easter is the biggest candy-consuming holiday.
- 90 million chocolate Easter bunnies are made for Easter each year.
- Adults prefer milk chocolate (65%) over dark chocolate (27%).
- 16 billion jelly beans are made specifically for Easter, enough to fill a plastic egg the size of a 9-story building.
- When taking a bite into a chocolate bunny, 76% of Americans prefer to bite off the ears first.
- During the Easter season, Americans buy more than 700 million Peeps.
- 75% of kids are willing to do extra chores for extra Easter candy.
- Pretzels were originally associated with Easter. The twists of a pretzel were thought to resemble arms crossed in prayer.